Garden Flowers: "Our Love Blooms" Seed Paper Favor
Looking for some great ideas for a crafty, handmade wedding? The Garden Flowers collection from Arnold Grummer's Paper Making Kits and Supplies is simple and elegant -- perfect for an outdoor ceremony. Follow these steps for gorgeous Seed Paper Favors from recycled paper and flower seeds.
- Arnold Grummer's Cotton Linter Casting Squares: 2 oz package
- Arnold Grummer's Butterfly Clay Casting Mold
- Flower seeds
- Blender or hand blender
- Terry towel
- 2 large cups
- Accent cardstock
- Handmade paper pieces
- Lollipop sticks (available at craft stores)
- 1/2" wide sheer ribbon: 4" length per favor
- 7" papercraft cone: 1 per table
- Color pencils, glitter glue
- Tear off 4 cotton linter squares. Place in blender with 1 cup water. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- To tint pulp: add a 1" square of tissue paper to pulp before blending.
- Add a pinch of flower seeds to pulp and stir. Do not blend seeds!
- Set strainer on cup. Pour blended pulp with seeds thru strainer. Save water in cup for next cast.
- Plop pulp directly onto mold before removing any water. Pat pulp into image. Tilt mold over cup. Press water out out of wet pulp with fingers.
- Use sponge to remove more water. Press pulp into every detail.
- Use a terry cloth towel to remove last amount of water. Press firmly.
- Ways to dry butterfly paper: 1.) Set mold in 250 oven till cast lifts off mold, about 10 mins. 2.)Gently wave hair dryer over back of cast till paper is dry enough to peel off mold. Set cast on counter to finish drying. 3.) Set mold in front of household fan.
- Trim cast. To decorate, highlight edges of cast with color pencil and glitter glue.
- Attach cast to lollipop stick with hot glue.
- Print favor tag on cardstock using home computer. Side 1: Couple's names. Side 2: Directions- "Place this seeded butterfly paper into the ground and cover lightly with soil. Soon sweetly scented flowers will grow to remember us by."
- Attach tags with ribbon. Place 8 favors in paper covered cone embellished with ribbon and handmade paper. Set on tables or hang on ornamnet hangers at the reception.
Read NextPersonalized Message Tea Bags