- ½ yd. white polyester fabric
- 1 yd. 1” white floral appliqué trim of your choice
- 1 ½ yds. ½” white ribbon
- White thread
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle
- Cut 2 pieces material 11” wide by 17” long.
- Make a fold 1 ¾” from top down on each piece and iron.
- Sew a ½” pocket for ribbon ¾” down from top.
- With right sides together machine sew the 2 pieces together making a ½” seam around and leaving the ribbon pocket open. See graph for tapering of sides.
- Turn the 2 pieces to the right side and iron the seam.
- Cut the ribbon into 2 pieces.
- Thread one piece of ribbon through each side ribbon pocket opening and tie together with a knot on each end.
- Hand sew floral appliqué to front of purse starting below ribbon pocket one side, continue around ending below opposite side ribbon pocket.