Uplifting Message Rocks
Get out of the house and head outside! This easy nature craft uses paint and rocks to create an amazing, uplifting project. Think of words that best describe you for Uplifting Message Rocks from Rebecca E. Parsons.
- Five small (under 2″ square) smooth rocks. We will be writing on them, so they should be smooth enough for that.
- Your 5 words
- Permanent marker(s) in color of choice. I chose gold!
- Small artist or foam brush
- Wash your rocks to remove any dirt. Let dry.
- Look for the best side to write on.
- Stir the Gesso until mixed and brush a layer on the writing side. Let dry.
- You may need to brush a second layer over the first if it did not cover it well. Let dry.
- With your marker write one of your special gifts on each rock. This is the best part: Think about the words as you write them. Celebrate the gift that it is and how it makes you unique and special. Be creative and write the words with flair.
- Find or create a beautiful bag, box or container for your rocks. Store them in a special place where you will see them often. I actually have a hanging bag on my bedroom door handle with my rocks. Every time I pass them I smile and try to remember my special gifts.
For a video tutorial, check out Creativity Rocks and Tote.