Autumn Leaf Gift Set
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Craft a lovely Thank You gift for autumn with homemade card, matching candle wrap and picture frame. A gold leafing pen adds wonderful glimmer to the warm-colored gift set.
Finished Sizes: 8" x 10" Frame, 9" tall Candle, 5" x 7" Card
Frame & Candle
- 7" x 9" unfinished frame with 4"x 6" opening
- Two 4" x 6" photos (same image)
- Adhesive dots
- Dimensional glue dots
- 1" x 12" frayed burlap
- Orange cardstock
- Cork shelf liner
- 4 eyelets
- Eyelet setter
- All-over design stamp
- Chalk inks: brown and charcoal
- Artificial leaves
- Letter stamps
- Unfinished frame with 4"x 6" photo opening
- Two 4" x 6" photos (same image)
- Letter stamps
- 9" Pillar candle
- 1/2" Gold straight pins
- Suede texture paint: Bordeaux, Brushed Sienna, Forest Green
- Metallic stone texture paint: Gold and Antique Gold
- Gold glitter spray
- Canvas-textured cardstock: honey (2 sheets), yellow, brown (2 sheets)
- Gesso spray
- 3-Leaf stamp
- Chalk Ink: brown
- Distress Ink: dark brown
- 1/4" High-tack tape
- Scoring tool
- 1/2" metal “Thank You”
- 18K Gold leafing pen
- Spray Adhesive
- 1 yd. decorative fiber trim
- Craft knife, cutting mat, scissors, straight pins
Allow paint and ink to dry after each application.
- Preparation. Remove glass and frame stand from frame.
Spray frame and three artificial leaves with Bordeaux. Lightly spray leaves with Caramel.
- Make cork facing. Using frame as a template, trace outside of frame and inside of photo opening onto back of cork shelf lining. Cut 1/4" inside all traced lines. Round all corners with scissors. Mark around edge frame and cork with leafing pen. Spray back of cork with spray adhesive and apply to front of frame. For a subtle background effect, randomly stamp all-over design on cork with brown chalk ink.
- Decorate frame. Use leafing pen to draw veining on sprayed leaves and mark around edges of leaves. Arrange burlap in curving line and use glue dots to secure to frame next to photo opening. Tie fiber around twigs and leaf stems. Adhere on top of burlap.
- Add tag & title. Cut a 1/2" x 2 1/2". strip of orange cardstock Trim top corners diagonally in shape of a tag. Punch hole for eyelet in top center. Insert and set eyelet. Stamp name on tag with alphabet stamps and charcoal chalk ink. Mark edges with leafing pen. Use fiber to attach to decorative bundle. Stamp title, “FALL FUN,” on orange cardstock. Center and punch out each letter with 1/2" circle punch. Edge with leafing pen. Apply to frame using dimensional dots.
- Mount photo. Note: To make an oval pattern, draw a 3" x 4" rectangle on paper and cut out. Fold rectangle in fourths and round corners evenly. Center oval on focal point of one photo. Trace around oval and cut out. Spray adhesive on back of photo and press on cork mat. Cut a 1/8" border around photo. Mark edge of cork with leafing pen. Mount cork-matted photo to center of uncut photo using dimensional dots. Insert photos into frame opening. Reinsert frame backing and stand.
- Preparation. Spray one sheet of orange cardstock and three artificial leaves with Bordeaux. Lightly spray leaves with Caramel.
- Wrap candle. Measure circumference of candle. Cut a 5" wide strip of spray painted cardstock 1/2" longer than that measurement. Mark edges using leafing pen. Wrap paper around candle, overlapping ends. To secure, carefully press straight pins through paper into candle.
- Add cork. Cut a 3 1/2" wide piece of cork the exact circumference of candle. Mark edges with leafing pen. Randomly stamp all-over design on cork with brown chalk ink.
Spray backside of cork with spray adhesive and wrap around cardstock band. Secure with straight pins as needed. Note: Ends should not overlap.
- Embellish and finish. Edge and draw veining onto sprayed leaves with leafing pen. Arrange twigs, leaves and fibers into bundle. Adhere to cork using glue dots. Secure with straight pins. Make and apply “AUTUMN” tag in same way as for frame tag.
- Preparation. Apply several coats of spray paint to one sheet of cardstock as follows: gold on honey cardstock, Antique Gold on honey cardstock, Bordeaux on brown cardstock, Brushed Sienna on brown cardstock, and Forest Glen on yellow cardstock.
- Make card base. Cut a 7" x 10" piece of Gold painted cardstock Score and fold in half to measure 5" x 7". Use leafing pen to mark edges of card.
Leaving room for written message, stamp leaf stamp inside of card with brown chalk ink. Highlight stems and veins with leafing pen.
- Make rectangular mats. Cut a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" piece and 3/4" x 7" strip of Antique Gold painted cardstock. Cut a 4" x 6" piece and 1" x 7" strip of Bordeaux cardstock. Cut a 3 3/4" x 5 3/4" piece of Brushed Sienna cardstock. Round corners of all pieces with scissors. Mark edges of each piece with leafing pen.
Apply tape to back side of rectangles and place on front center of card base in this order: Antique Gold, Bordeaux, Brushed Sienna. Apply tape to back side of strips. Center and press Bordeaux strip across front of card. Center and press Brushed Sienna strip on top of Bordeaux strip.
- Make leaves. Stamp 3-leaf stamp on Bordeaux, Brushed Sienna, and Forest Glen. Use craft knife to cut out. Use leafing pen to mark edges and highlight leaf veins.
Apply tape to leaves and layer in upper left corner of card, inserting a few pieces of fiber trim before pressing the top leaves in place.
- Finish. Spray metal “Thank You” letters with gesso spray. Spray with several coats of Bordeaux. Mark edges with leafing pen. Apply tape to words and adhere to front of card as shown. To add sparkle, spray a light coat of glitter to entire front of card.
For more craft ideas, tips & projects from the Creative Home Arts Club, be sure to visit http://creativehomeartsclub.com
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Our knitting group was asked to try to think of a creative green use for plastic grocery bags thus, 'Plarn was born. Plarn, plastic… Continue reading: "How to Make Plarn, Plastic Bag Yarn Knit Tote Patternvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Monogram Resin Keychain
- Elastic Waist Linen Shorts Free Sewing Pattern
- 7 Easy Hair Mask Recipes
- Macrame Light Pendant
- Diy Washable Duster Cloths
- Kat Williams - Editorial Intern
- Easy Epoxy Resin Jewelry
- Country Spice Beanie
- Rainbow Resin Coasters
- Easy Cable Coffee Cosy
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home