Beaded Summer Journal
Have scraps of fabric or paper laying around? Use them to decorate up a plain blank book or notebook, and the results will impress all of your friends. The secret to your success is in the double-sided tape, while the embellishment fun comes in with the metallic threads and micro beads. Use this creative journal to draw, record your thoughts, keep your lists, or whatever your heart desires.
- Journal or blank book, plain cover
- Fabric scraps in blue, gold, red, and white
- Red satin ribbon
- Kreinik #16 Braid 210 Gold Dust
- Kreinik #12 Braid 5005 Gold Coin
- Kreinik #8 Braid 003 Red
- 4x6 Treasure Tape Sheets
- 1/4" Treasure Trim
- Diamond Beadlets
- Tools: scissors, iron, ziplock bag or tray
Cut one Treasure Tape sheet to your desired design size. Using that shape as a guide, begin cutting your fabric scraps into pieces that fit together.
Peel the white liner off the tape (you can place it across one corner of your tape to help you position it- slick side down!) Begin placing your cut fabric pieces on the tape, smoothing them with your fingers to adhere. When your entire piece of tape is covered, trim any edges or stray threads. Peel off the red liner and position your design on your journal's cover.
Use the 1/4" tape to cover the seams between fabric pieces and to outline the entire design. Peel back the red liner strips one at a time, and embellish the seams with thread. Then peel back the liner on your tape around the edges of the design, and edge with red satin ribbon.
- Place your journal in a shallow tray or ziplock bag and pour Diamond Beadlets over the exposed tape. Swirl with your fingers to cover fully and tap to remove excess beadlets. (Optional: Use an iron to press the design onto the book for an even stronger bond)
Read NextSunflower Artwork