Fashion on a Shoe String
This Fashion on a Shoe String craft from Mark Montano and Krylon is a fun thing to DIY! Make your own shoes with friends by tying string around a boring old pair and painting. Voila, a new pair of kicks!
- Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® (#2321)
- Shoes that are crying out for some crafty love
- Stuff your shoes with newspaper to protect the insides from paint.
- Wrap your shoes in yarn, criss-crossing them at random and making sure to wrap some string around every part of each shoe.
- Go outside and place the shoes on a large sheet of newspaper.
- Spray paint your shoes with Krylon Fusion and then let the paint dry.
- Remove the yarn and admire your handiwork.
Repeat the process with additional colors for a really fun effect. Just make sure that you use contrasting spray paint every time you change up the color, alternating between a light color and then a dark color, and then a light color and then a dark color…