Turn Old Pants into New Shorts
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Are your kids’ bureaus full of outgrown pants with holes ripped in the knees? Don’t throw them out, because you can easily turn them into “new” shorts for the summer! They are a fast way to get more clothes for your children. Cut off the trousers at the knee, fold up the edges to make a hem and use the free arm of the sewing machine to help you sew them in place. Use the scraps from under the knee to make an optional patch pocket!"
Thanks for looking!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Pants that fit in the waist
- Fabric shears
- Sewing machine
- Ruler or sewing gauge
- Usual sewing materials (pins, needle, thread)
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- Dreamy Baby
- Winter’s Cerise Crochet Slouch
- Colourful Baby Blanket
- Altered Paper Tube Decor
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home