DIY Face Masks
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Create face masks at home to protect you and your kids! This tutorial contains instructions for an adult-sized mask with side binding, but can be easily adjusted for a child-sized version. You only need basic sewing skills to complete these masks; no special equipment outside of an iron, needle, thread, and a few pins are required. Printable patterns can be downloaded from the site. Each yard of cotton fabric can make two to three masks (based on the size). "
- 100% cotton fabric (quilter's cotton or tightly-woven fabric) - 8 x 14 in. rectangle with notches
- Two pieces of elastic, 7 in. long per piece and 1/4 in. wide
- 2 1/4 x 5 in. fabric, two pieces
Fold the 8 x 14 fabric in half, right sides together, so the 14" fabric becomes 7"
Sew a 1/4" seam along the top.
Turn right side out and press with a hot iron.
Fold the binding pieces in half so they are folded down the middle of the long side, with the wrong side together.
Fold and press pleats, one toward the folded side, one toward the seamed side. Press to hold.
Place elastic using baste stitch of pins. You can also hold in place as you sew.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Diy Dish Sponge Alternative
- DIY Fabric Bookmarks With Felt Applique
- My Best FREE Sleep Mask Pattern
- Gorgeous DIY Storage Baskets
- Simple DIY: Free Delicate Vintage Top Pattern
- Essential Oil Holder
- Reusable Fabric Sewn Coffee Sleeve
- Circular Sewing Storage Bin DIY
- Recycling Old Placemats
- Burp Cloths with Appliques
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Draft Your Own Pj Pants Pattern
- Bernie’s Mittens To Crochet
- Misty Sunrise Shawl
- Winding Cables Scarf
- Valentine's Day Coupon Book For Kids
- Sweet Treat Appliqués
- Painted Rock Cactus
- How To Make Lip Scrub
- Bernie Mittens
- Pebble Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home