Mini Hostess Apron Free Sewing Pattern
Make playtime come to life with this Mini Hostess Apron Free Sewing Pattern. You favorite little lady will love wearing this handmade creation. Sewing pattern for kids are a great way to test your crafty skills before moving on to larger and more complicated projects. Little girls will love the look of this apron and will request more personalized designs. If you're looking for versatile free sewing patterns that really stick out from the crowd, this is the perfect design. The project isn't complicated but the finished project is sweet and adorable. While you're at it, make one for yourself so you and your mini hostess can match.
- Two kinds of fabric
- Cut one apron body and one pocket from each of the fabrics.
- Fold fabric at the top of one of the pockets and hem.
- Do the same with the other pocket.
- Pin each of the pockets onto the contrasting fabric, find the center of the pocket and sew a vertical line. This will divide your pocket in two smaller pockets but will also keep the pocket fabric from sagging (note that the sides of the pockets are still pinned but not sewn).
- Pin fabric at the top of the apron body to create two little pleats in the center. This is totally optional but adds a nice flair (the pictures below should be self explanatory but let me know if you have any questions).
- Cut the ribbon for the ties and pin it on one of the apron body pieces on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Then pull the ribbon onto the right side of the fabric and pin again, to make sure it stays in place.
- Put the apron bodies (with the pinned pockets) on top of each other, right sides together, with the ribbon tucked in between and pin again.
- Sew around the top, sides and bottom of the apron, but leave a small opening at the bottom. Remove pins and pull the apron inside out through the opening at the bottom.
- To stitch all around (make sure you close the bottom opening) and trim any excess ribbon. Now you have one mini hostess apron that can be worn on one side...