Fancy And Fabulous Storage Containers
If you're looking for fun Christmas crafts that can be used year round, decoupage ideas like these Fancy And Fabulous Storage Containers by Amy Anderson are a perfect match. Decoupage paper mache boxes like these from Plaid and you can store anything in them!
- Paper mache containers with lids, 2
- Mod Podge Gloss
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Aqua, Pure Black
- Small frames, 2 – paint yours the color of your choice
- Scrapbook paper, 8 sheets of 2 coordinating patterns – reccommend My Mind’s Eye Meadowlark Collection
- Computer and printer
- Separate the bottoms of the boxes from the lids.
- Take one box and lay it on one side of the back of your scrapbook paper – trace with a pencil and then cut out. Repeat with all four sides and then do it again with the second box and the second scrapbook paper design. Set these pieces aside.
- Paint the lids Aqua and allow to dry. On the box bottoms, paint the insides and the edges with black. The edges are painted in case they peek out after the Mod Podging. Allow the paint to dry.
- Mod Podge the papers down to the boxes. Work with the first box, doing one side at a time. Apply a medium coat of Mod Podge and lay the paper down; smooth thoroughly. Rotate the box one turn and do it again. Cover all of the sides and then allow your box to dry for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Seal the sides of your box with Mod Podge – also seal the lids at this time. Allow to dry and then apply another coat of Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
- Use a computer to choose phrases and a font that will fit inside the frames. Print out and trim to fit.
- Put the papers inside the frames, close and glue to the boxes using craft glue. If you want the frames to come off of the boxes again to change the papers, you should consider using Velcro. Allow the boxes to dry for 24 hours before using.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Quick & Easy Gifts"
Quick & Easy Gifts
Find quick and easy gifts to make for the holiday season. Spend less time at the store and more time making homemade Christmas gifts like angels crafts, gift tag crafts, and many more easy holiday crafts.