Crocheted Cat Toy
Cats of all ages will love playing with this cute Crocheted Cat Toy. Great for all levels of crochet fans, this cat toy is a great way to use up leftover yarn from any one of your crochet projects. Embellish these toys with a little jingle bell to help keep your cat occupied for hours on end.
- Medium weight yarn (I used Red Heart)
- Crochet hook (5.00mm H hook)
- Toilet paper tube (I used 1/2 a roll for the small cat toy and a full roll for the large toy)
- Silver Bell
- Needle and thread
- Darning Needle to weave in ends
- (Ch) 20, join with (sl st) to form ring (keeping tension firm but not tight – you want both ends to be a little tighter so they hug around the toilet paper tube). Make sure to not to twist your stitches.
- (Ch) 2 in first chain and then (dc) in each remaining stitch in round. (Sl st) in last stitch in round to join. Repeat for 7 rounds for 1/2 toilet paper roll size toy or 11 rounds for full toilet paper roll.
- Finish off last round with 1 (sl st) in each stitch and join.
- Ch 30 then make 2 (dc) in the 3rd chain from the hook. (If you’d like a longer curlicue than make the chain longer).
- Make 3 (dc) in each chain until you get back to the start of the chain. (Sl st) to join. Fasten off and weave in ends.
- Sew bell on end of curlicue.
- Fit over toilet paper roll.
Read NextDog Sweater Crochet Pattern