Quick and Easy Party Lights
Use blank board blocks to create your own paper lanterns for party lights. You can create the lanterns in a variety of designs with the help of supplied patterns. Create for a birthday party or holiday decorating.
- Ready-to-Go!® Blank Board Blocks 3” Blocks (or size that best matches string of lights)
- Acrylic paint
- String of holiday lights
- Craft knife
- PDF design
- Transfer PDF design (or your own design) onto 5 sides of each block.
- Using craft knife, cut out the black areas in pattern.
- Paint pattern using acrylic paints in your color of choice.
- Cut a small hole on the top of box. Using craft knife, slice slits around hole.
- Push lights into hole until it stays in place without popping back out.
- Trace leaf motif onto Timtex, cut out the shape using scissors.
- Paint leaves with green acrylic paint on both sides. Use a darker green paint for edges and center vein.
- Using a glue gun, adhere 4 leaves to each block over the lighting fixture on top, to cover it from view.
Options, options, options!
- Use varying sizes of blocks on your string— 1 ½”, 2 ¼”, and 3″.
- Use Japanese hole punch or the Fiskars Craft Hand Drill to make additional holes in the block to let light through.
- Use smaller Christmas lights.
- Consider Birthday, Christmas, Hanukkah, or Easter themes.
- Add some bling.
Find more craft ideas at www.ctpubblog.com.
Read NextPolka Dot Serving Platters