Nine American Indian Stamped Cards
There's a nobility about the original Americans and this new stamped card set expresses it authentically and artfully. Create a set of truly unique homemade cards with these stamps from Posh Impressions.
Eight more designs below!
All products are available from www.sundayint.com or look for them in your favorite store.
- American Indian Stamp Set
- Mini Stretch Words stamp Set (for some cards)
- Vertical Inspirations Cardstock (turned sideways so that open area is at the bottom)
- Marvy Brush Art Markers
- Blending Blox
- Sticker paper (opaque is best for covering anything beneath it)
- Stamping pad or low pile of magazines to get best impression when pressing stamp. A couple of mouse pads stacked on top of each other could work too.
- Damp rag for cleaning stamps
- Stamp all backgrounds first.
- When placing one design over another, use sticker paper such as with the eagle over the large frame seen in the example below.
- Use opaque instead of glossy sticker paper so that colors beneath do not show through. That way you don’t have mask, block or anything else and you can even color the entire object beneath thereby working faster.
- Always stamp an image on scratch paper first to see if you like the color and result and that you have pressed without rocking or pressing too hard.
- Hold the stamp to the paper and count to 10 before lifting to get brightest, purest colors with all parts colored evenly.
- If and when using Blending Blox to get interesting color variation, tones and shading, when running color blends together further than the pad can handle, continue darks to darks and lights to lights by rotating the pad to put the dark to dark, etc. A video shows how to do it here (see video at right).
- Clean stamps by stamping on damp rag and then on dry paper when changing colors.
- Make featured images stand out by cutting with scissors all the way around the object leaving about 1/32” of white.
- For even, precise cutting, move the paper instead of the scissors.
- After cutting out featured images, or any images that will go over the top of previous stamping, before removing sticky backing from sticker paper, place in several positions to see where most desired. Then, remove just a corner to hold in place before removing all of it and smooth out with the palm of hand to put it in place permanently .
- Keep cards out of light to preserve colors.
- Let your imagination and creativity flow and mostly, have FUN! The American Indian set and all of Dee’s sets provide many combinations and posh-abilities.
Read NextEasy To Make Fall Leaves Garland