Memo Holder Sports Ball
Create this great craft for the sports lovers in your life. It's a great way to keep organized with your notes and agendas for the day. This is a great DIY papercraft.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 3", one per memo holder
- Small ceramic magnets (baseball) or wooden clothespin (soccer)
- Smooth-finish paints for foam: white; black (soccer only)
- Red ballpoint pen (baseball only)
- Cardboard, 4" square
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Disposable palette
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Note: Adult supervision is required; only an adult should cut foam with serrated knife.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam ball in half. Reserve one half for second memo clip.
- Refer to photo to lightly draw soccer ball pattern onto curved side of half-ball; each pentagon shape has 1-1/4" sides. Begin at center top and work down, alternating pattern placement. Firmly retrace pencil lines with dull pencil.
- Refer to photo to paint alternating pentagons black; let dry completely. Glue clothespin to center of cardboard square and soccer ball to top of clothespin.
- Firmly press foam ball against work surface to slightly flatten bottom; ball should stand up, not roll.
- Lightly draw a 3"-diameter circle in center of opposite sides of ball; retrace lines with dull pencil.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut ball in half across center of circles. Paint each half-ball white; let dry completely. When dry, use red pen to redraw lines and to add stitching.
- Glue magnets to inside center of each half-ball, being sure to test direction of attraction to ensure proper magnet placement.
- Glue bottom of one half-ball to center of cardboard square. Place message between halves, secured by magnets.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Paper Crafts"
Featuring hundreds of free excellent paper crafts including free paper crafts for kids and paper cutting crafts as well as free card making templates and designs for handmade cards. Includes tons of templates, patterns, and ideas for thank you cards