Colorful Layered Ombre Canvas
Add a fun and unexpected touch to a white wall with a Colorful Layered Ombre Canvas from Tiffany Windsor. Choose a variety of canvas sizes and glue them together to create a multi-dimensional look. Mix acrylic paints to achieve the desired ombre effect.
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Aleene’s Tacky Double-Stick Sheets (or disregard if you already have pre-cut self-adhesive lettering)
- Stretched art canvases – different shapes and sizes
- Acrylic paint – color of your choice and white
- Paint brush – 1/2″ shader or larger
- Paper plate (for paint palette)
- Scrapbook paper, alphabet dies and die cut machine (or disregard if you already have pre-cut self-adhesive lettering)
- Select canvases in desired shapes and sizes.
- Select one acrylic paint color and pour in puddle on paper plate. Pour matching puddle of white onto plate.
- At bottom of canvas, paint solid pink color. Keep your paint very wet on the canvas.
- Do not wash brush. Dip into white paint and mix together to create a lighter shade of pink.
- Brush onto canvas overlapping where you left off with first color. Continue to stroke colors to blend with brush.
- Continue to move up your canvas dipping your brush in more white paint each time and blending the edges of the colors to create the ombre effect. Let canvas dry.
- Decorate smaller canvas(es) with desired embellishment. Apply Aleene’s Tacky Glue to back of canvas with brush or finger. Be careful not to apply too much glue as you do not want it to ooze from behind the canvas. Glue in place on background canvas. NOTE: If you want to create the canvas art shown in the finished project, click here for video tutorial.
- For the lettering, I applied Aleene’s Tacky Double Stick Sheets to the back of a piece of black and ivory polka dotted scrapbook paper. Then I ran the sheets through my die cutting machine to create the personalized lettering.
- Peel backing sheet from adhesive and place the lettering in place on the canvas.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Ombre Painted Layered Canvas Art.