Blowin' in the Wind Windsock
Craft foam and Aleene’s® FunCraft™ Foam Glue make this fun windsock a breeze.
The Blowin' in the Wind Windsock project is perfect for a Hodge Podge Crafts event. If you are a Mom or Dad planning a party, or a school or local park district looking for ideas with some left over crafts, the windsock craft project is perfect.
Designed and decorated by Debbie Rines
- Aleene's® FunCraft™ Foam Glue
- Ribbon, 1/8” or ¼” wide ribbon about 8’ long
- Brads, metal
- Scissors: regular, wavy edge
- Fun Foam: 4 or 5 sheets in bright colors, flower shapes and letters
- Hole punch, 1/8” circle
1. Cut a piece of foam 7-½” x 16” with regular scissors. Cut the two long sides with wavy edge scissors. Punch holes along wavy edges using hole punch to create a lacy edge. Following directions on glue bottle, glue short edges, overlapping at least 1” to create a cylinder. NOTE: Hold glued edges together with clothespins until dry.
2. Cut two strips 1” x 15” of a different color foam. Glue around top and bottom to create stripes.
3. Spell out name or word with Fun Foam letter. Glue in place. Apply Fun Foam shapes in various sizes and colors to create your own unique style.
4. Layer and glue different colors and shapes of flowers. Glue randomly on cylinder.
5. Add metal brads in several places to add sparkle and dimension.
6. Cut streamers in different shapes - circles, oval, squares. Attach to windsock with brads through holes around bottom edge.
7. Cut ribbon in half. Fold in half and tie in a knot about 5” from fold to hold together. Attach loose ends, evenly around top edge of cylinder with brads to create hanger.
8. Add any extra accessories to personalize your very own windsock!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Outdoor Crafts for Kids"
Outdoor Crafts for Kids
Make summer a fun time with outdoor crafts for kids. Crafting with kids allows them to get creative.
There are no records