New Year's Ball Drop Display
The great thing about these New Year's Ball Drop Display ornaments is that you can use them for both Christmas and New Year's Eve! Once the Christmas holiday is over, set these ornaments aside and use them to add a sparkly decor to your New Year's Eve celebrations. Handmade ornaments like these are great for using up leftover ribbons and other package accents, too. The more the better in terms of how many ornaments you need to make this decoration really stand out...and this would even be a striking backdrop for a winter or New Year's wedding.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Balls: Assorted Sizes
- (16 Yards) 6 mm Fused Pearls: White
- (4 Yards) 1” Stretch Sequin Trim: Gold
- Acrylic Paint: Silver
- Jumbo Glitter: Silver
- Gloss Finish Decoupage
- Straight Pins
- Assorted Styles/Sizes Ribbon: Gold, White and Silver
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- White Pearl-Wrapped Ornaments: Glue one end of the pearl strand to a foam ball. Begin spiraling the pearl strand around the first glued pearl. Spot-glue the pearls in place as you go. Completely cover the ball and glue the end where you stop.
- Gold Sequin-Wrapped Ornaments: Cut a strip of sequin trim that will fit all the way around a foam ball and pin in place to divide the ball in half. Cut a second piece of trim to fit around the ball in the opposite direction, dividing the ball in quarters. Now pin lengths of trim to fill in each of the four bare sections on the ball. Tuck the cut edges under the previously pinned trim to hide.
- Silver Glittered Ornaments: Paint a foam ball with a thick coat of silver acrylic paint. While the ball is still wet, completely cover with jumbo glitter. Let dry completely. Brush a thick coat of decoupage over the glitter. This prevents the glitter from flaking off.