Vintage Mini Pouch
This Vintage Mini Pouch is perfect for carrying small items like business cards and lipsticks. Grab this adorable pouch and hit the town - it so easy to carry!
- Kreinik Tapestry (#12) Braid 153V and 003V
- Kreinik Fine (#8) Braid 150V
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 153V
- 7" x 13" piece of Zweigart Lt. Caramel Congress Cloth
- #24 Tapestry needle, masking tape, 7" x 13" stretcher bars
Upper left 1/4 of pattern is graphed; work other 3/4 as mirror images. Unless otherwise instructed, use 18” strands of metallic thread for stitching.
- Tape edges of Congress Cloth; mount on bars.
- Measure 2” down from center of top edge. Work one leaf in 153V. Begin all stitches at outer edge; sink at centerline. Work stem last. Work remaining four leaves in 003V and 153V, alternating colors.
- Save 5 yards of 150V for stripes and seams. Use half the remainder for backstitch (over 3) lattice.
- Use 15” strands of 150V to work running stitch stripes (under 1/over3), beginning and ending under 1.
- Work leaves and lattice at bottom, taking care to work them upside down as mirror images.
- To finish: Remove from bars. Trim Congress Cloth to 1/2” inch from embroidery on sides; to 1” top and bottom. Referring to graph for fold lines, fold sides between meshes to wrong side, aligning meshes; repeat with top and bottom. Miter corners to reduce bulk. Fold in half across width, wrong side inside. Use 150V to work seams in double running stitch (over 4); stitch through all layers. Overcast top edge in 153V; cover 2 meshes outside and 2 inside pouch; stitch through all layers. Knot ends of 1/8” Ribbon; tack to upper corners of pouch for hanging cord.