Christmas Tea Ornament Set
Cross-stitch some tea-pot ornaments for the Christmas tree that remind us of the fun of tea parties or comforting cups with friends and family.
- 1/4 sheet 10-count plastic canvas
- #3 Pearl cotton in white
- Kreinik Heavy #32 Braid in 238, 008HL, 002
- Kreinik Medium #16 Braid in 002
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon in 003
- #18 tapestry needle
- Cut plastic canvas according to graphs, cutting out center hole on saucer top only, leaving saucer base intact.
- Stitch pieces as follows: saucer top as graphed, saucer base with white Continental Stitches; one cup and one teapot as graphed, reverse one cup and one teapot and stitch with Continental Stitches and Slanted Gobelin stitches.
- When background stitching is completed, work embroidery as indicated; do not work embroidery on saucer base.
- Using Heavy #32 Braid in 238, whipstitch wrong sides of teapot pieces together along inside and outside edges.
- Following graph, whipstitch wrong sides of cup pieces together along all edges except bottom edge.
- Using white, whipstitch bottom edges of cup to inside edges on saucer top. using #32 Braid 238, whipstitch wrong sides of saucer top and base together.
- For hangers. attach desired lengths of gold #16 Braid where indicated to cup and teapot with a Lark's Heat Knot. tie ends together in a knot to form a loop for hanging.
Saucer top and base: 16 holes x 11 holes Cut 1
Teapot: 31 holes x 28 holes Cut 2
Teacup: 16 holes x 14 holes Cut 2
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 28, 2013
There was no graph
May 06, 2013
where is pattern?
Nov 21, 2011
Just an FYI, this is not cross-stitch. I would describe it as embroidery. Cute idea, though!
deedeevoorhees 200 4722
Jan 31, 2011
I'm thinking of having a tea party bridal shower and was thinking of modifying this pattern to put the bride and groom names and wedding date on the cup. I could either enclose it in the invitation to the shower or use it for the shower favor. It is going to be very small wedding. so the shower will be very small too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use