Funky Wire Beads
If you're sick of boring jewelry crafts, try making your own homemade wire bead jewelry. Funky Wire Beads from Julianna Hudgins are a great, innovative project for anyone that likes to try something new and step outside of the box. Use different colors of wire to create a cool coil.
- Artistic Wire 22GA Rose, Lemon & Tangerine 1 spool each
- Artistic Wire 20GA Non Tarnish Silver 1 spool
- Beadalon Deluxe Coiling Gizmo
- Beadalon Silver Chain #340B-010
- Beadalon Silver Lobster Clasp #315B-005
- Beadalon Round Nose Pliers, Wire Cutters & Flat Nylon Jaw Pliers
- Swarovski Size 20 Peridot crystals or color of choice 21 pieces
- Lime Green Dice 1 each
- E6000, tooth pics & paper plate
- Apply glue with toothpick to add the crystals to each side of dice in numerical order 1 through 6 as shown in photo. Let dry in between sides for at least one minute at a time depending on environment that you are working in. Set finished dice to side.
- Using the Rose and Lemon colored wire make a coil using the Deluxe Coiling Gizmo with the second to largest rod 4 inches long. Remove coil from rod and only cut wires from bottom of coil.
- Insert Tangerine wire into bottom of coil and let coil slide down wire.
- Wrap end of Tangerine wire around second to largest rod handle and make a coil about ½ inch long.
- Slide original rose and lemon colored coil up to meet rod and wrap around handle.
- Guide the coil up and over the rod by pushing the handle of rod forward and by guiding coil with thumb and pointer finger.
- Continue to wrap coil on rod until coil is complete. Finish end by making a matching ½” long tangerine coil at end.
- Remove wire bead from rod and cut off from spool. Cut wires from top.
- Holding wire bead by small tangerine coils gently stretch wire bead apart being careful not to distort shape.
- Cut a piece of non tarnish silver wire approx 8″ long. Using round nose pliers make a loop at one of wire.
- Insert straight end of wire through tangerine coil.
- Insert wire through dice.
- Insert wire through top tangerine coil. Using round nose pliers make random loops with excess wire.
- Add pendant to chain with lobster clasp.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Funky Wire Bead with Artistic Wire.