You will be shimmering in this classy necklace. The triangle beads really make a statement when you wear this design for a special night out.
- 8mm by 12 mm Blue AB Triangle Beads
- 4mm Round Blue AB Beads
- 15mm Silver Lobster Claw Clasp & Tab
- Silver Clamshell Bead Tips
- #1 Crimp Beads
- Silver 5mm Split Rings
- Dandyline™ Black .011" Stringing Thread
- Size 10 Beading Needle
- Bead Fix™
- Designer Scissors
- Beafstrom™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Split Ring Pliers
- Tri Tray
- Cut one yard of Dandyline™ and place a needle on each end. Refer to Figure #1 and pick up four round beads on one needle and center on thread. Pass second needle through the last bead from the opposite direction and pull up snug.
- Pick up two beads on one needle and one on the other. Pass the second needle through the second bead on the first needle and pull up snug. You should have two squares like Figure 2.
- Continue until you have six patterns done. For the seventh square you need to turn the corner. Thread three beads on the outside needle and pass the second needle through the last bead. Your needles should be coming out the side bead of the last square as in Figure #3.
- Pick up three beads on the top thread and pass second needle through the last bead. You are starting down the second row. Take the inside needle through the side bead as shown in Figure #4. Add two beads to the second needle and take the first needle through the last bead. Continue until you are one square short of the bottom of the piece.
- Pick up two beads on the inside needle and take the outside needle through the second bead. You are ready to start the third row. Continue until you have a piece seven squares by five squares. Refer to Figure #5. Tie off threads and glue knots.
- Re-thread one needle and secure it in the beading towards one end. Work around until you can come out the second bead over from the edge on one of the short sides. See Figure #6. Thread on two round beads, one triangle and two more rounds. Work thread back into the second bead in from the other side. This will be the top. Be sure that the AB side of the triangle bead shows.
- On the bottom, come out and pick up 1 round, one triangle, two rounds, one triangle, two rounds one triangle and two rounds. Pass back through the middle triangle from the opposite side. Pick up two rounds and pass back through the first triangle from the opposite side. Pick up one round and work back into the piece and secure thread in the work. Be sure the AB side of the beads face the same direction at the top. This will be the front side.
- Cut 4' of thread and place a needle on either end. Slip one needle through the top bead and center this. Pick up a triangle on each needle and a round on one. Pass the second needle through the round from the opposite side and pull snug. Repeat until you have the length you want. Sample is 19 patterns long. Finish side by threading a round bead on each strand and passing both needles through a third round in the same direction.
- Thread on a clamshell tip from bottom up. Thread a crimp bead on one needle. Tie off threads against the crimp bead several times. Glue knot. Trim ends. Close clamshell. Repeat Steps #8 and #9 for other side.
- Use split ring pliers to attach split rings to each half of the clasp. Bend clamshell bar over the split ring with a needle nosed pliers.