Clothespin Holiday Tree
The Clothespin Holiday Tree is a quick and easy craft for both kids and adults to make for the winter holiday season. You will only need some paint, clothespins, and a few other supplies to complete this simple decorative craft. This Christmas craft celebrates the lasting beauty of winter evergreen trees that will fit in with the rest of your holiday decor. You cannot deny that this unique and basic tree craft will look great in your home and it will keep your kids busy for a bit while they are anxious for the holidays to come.
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Styrofoam cone
- 150 small clothespins
- Light-colored green paint
- Medium-colored green paint
- Darker-colored green paint
- Wooden ball for tree topper
- Krazy Glue® No Run Craft Gel
- Divide the clothespins into groups of three and paint each of the sets a different shade of green paint. Let dry.
- Paint the Styrofoam cone green. Let dry.
- At the base of the cone use Krazy Glue to glue a layer of darker-colored clothespins. Make sure the end of the clothespin (the part that clips) is facing up. Let glue dry.
- Clip and glue second layer of darker-colored clothespins. Clip the bottom of the second layer of clothespins to the first and glue in place. Repeat for second layer. Let glue dry.
- Repeat step 4 for additional layers
- Paint the wooden ball with the lightest color of green paint and glue to the top of the cone. Let glue dry.
- Add a final layer of paint to the clothespins. Let paint dry. Finish with a coat of polyurethane.
Read NextSome Bunny Loves You Easter Basket
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jul 04, 2018
Okay, you got me this time. I have made Christmas trees from every medium imaginable but never made this. It's very easy and inexpensive too. You can make it in green just like this one or maybe hire with sone hold accents. How about silver and you add some tiny red velvet bows?
Aug 24, 2017
This is one perfect holiday office decor. These green clothespin tree will suit our green walls.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use