Clay Pot Snowman
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Frosty is enjoying the winter scenery in this snowy wonderland. But for you there is also a reason to enjoy this craft - the hidden fresh-scent Renuzit air freshener.
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam:
- Balls, one each: 4"; 2-1/2"
- Renuzit® LongLast® Adjustable Air Freshener
- Clay pot, 4-1/2"
- Wooden items: dowel, 3/8" diameter; craft stick
- Acrylic paints: light blue; orange
- White textured snow paint
- White pearl-finish dimensional paint
- Black felt, 9" x 12" sheet
- Blue plaid polar fleece, 1" x 15-1/2" strip
- Half-round black beads, 6mm, two
- Pink feather
- Lightweight cardboard, 8-1/2" x 11" sheets, two
- Gallon-size plastic bag
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Pencil sharpener
- Compass or small circle template
- Transparent tape or stapler with staples
- Metal tablespoon
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Old toothbrush
- Household sponge
- Hand saw
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Tape or staple plastic bag over one cardboard sheet. Use pearl-finish dimensional paint to "draw" 18 snowflakes of various sizes (5/8" to 3/4") onto bag. Let dry.
- Paint clay pot light blue; let dry. Apply second coat; let dry. Open air freshener and place in pot.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut 2-1/4"-diameter circle from bottom of 4" foam ball; save foam scrap for snowy base. Use spoon to carve out foam from inside ball, until it fits over top of air freshener; save foam scraps. Place body over air freshener.
- Cut 2-1/2" foam ball in half; reserve one half for a future project. Place half-ball (head) flat side down on work surface. Cut a 1/2"-wide slice from one edge; newly cut edge is "chin." Slightly shape flat back of head to fit around body.
- Cut patterns and following pieces from black felt: hat crown, 2" x 5" strip; top of hat, 1- 5/8" circle; hat brim, 3" circle with 1" circle removed from center. Roll and glue hat crown into a tube, with 2" edges slightly overlapping. Glue inner edge of hat brim to inside bottom edge of crown. Glue top onto crown; let dry.
- Place hat onto head, leaving three-quarters of face exposed; glue to secure. At back of head, fold hat brim up and glue to head. Glue head to body with hat sandwiched between. Lower edge of head should rest 1/2" above pot rim. Glue feather to hat brim as shown.
- Press and glue flat side of beads into face for eyes. For nose, sharpen one end of dowel in pencil sharpener; sand lightly to remove sharp tip. Use hand saw to cut 1-1/2" from pointed end of dowel. Paint nose orange; let dry. Glue nose into head.
- For scarf, cut 1" fringe into each end of fleece strip, 1/8" apart. Tie scarf around neck.
- Cut 2" foam ball in half. Place half-balls rounded side up on work surface. Measure and cut 1-1/4"-wide section from center of each half-ball for arms. Use fingertips to round cut foam edges. To ensure arms will rest on pot rim, remove 1/4"-deep, 1"-long section from flat side of each arm, measuring from one end. Glue arms to body as shown with cut-out area against pot rim.
- Cut a 1/4"-deep slit into center bottom of each arm. Glue and insert mittens into slits with thumbs facing each other.
- Cut 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" oval shape from cardboard sheet. Glue bottom of pot to oval. Arrange and glue remaining foam scraps to cardboard around pot to look like snow mounds. Shape foam as needed with knife or fingers.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply snow paint to mounds with craft stick; let dry. Carefully peel snowflakes from plastic and glue to hat, pot, and snow mounds.
- When gel is depleted, replace with a new air freshener.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy DIY Christmas crafts, like this Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar from I Love to Create, are great holiday projects! Made from an… Continue reading: "Crafty Coca Cola Advent Calendar"
Enter our 12 Days of Xmas in July promotion for amazing prizes every day!
American Flag Wine Cork Upcycle Craft
12 Crafts to Celebrate Labor Day
Clothespin Holiday Tree
Beaded Wire Cross
Celebrate! Star Ornament
Candy Corn Fabric Wreath
DIY Fabric Flower Hair Ties
15 Minute Crafts: Small Planters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home