French General Cards
These French General Cards from Jolee's Boutique are great for any occasion. Making handmade cards is easy and it's a great way to show someone you care. Make this card for your loved one for an upcoming birthday, anniversary, or just because!
- Red Paper Pad from Jolee's
- Matte Resin Flowers
- Botanical Adhesive Borders
- Lace Adhesive Borders
- Fleur de Lis Cabochons
- Life's Journey Keys Metal Art
- 1 inch Circle Medium Nesting Punch
- Cutterpede Straight Edge Trimmer
- Pink Bone Folder
- HERMA Dotto Permanent Dot Adhesive
- Cardstock, Cream
- Light brown pigment ink
- White feather
- Thin Twine in red/white/brown
- Craft Glue
- Score a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cream cardstock in half with the bone folder and ruler, then fold the piece to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" top-folding card. Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of blue patterned paper and adhere to the card front.
- Cut a 4" length of botanical ribbon and adhere to the left side of the card. Add a feather with the Herma adhesive, then glue a key in place as shown.
- Fold an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of cream cardstock in half to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" side-folding card. Ink the edges with light brown ink. Punch a circle of paper and adhere it in the lower right corner.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of red patterned paper. Fold back the lower right corner on the diagonal as shown to create a flap. Adhere this piece to the card front, leaving the flap free.
- Secure a bit of adhesive lace to the back of the flap and glue the flap open. Decorate the flap with a resin flower.
- Cut a 2" x 3" piece of cream cardstock and ink the edges. Mat another piece of contrasting patterned paper onto the cream panel with a narrow margin. Adhere the assembled panel at an angle to the card front. Add a fleur de lis cabochon.
- Cut 20" lengths of the two twines and tie them together around the card and into a bow.