Space Mini Journal
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If your head is always in the clouds and thinking of the stars, you need a DIY journal to match your dreamy moods. Make this Space Mini Journal and always have the stars by your side. This paper craft idea will take you an evening to make and is a fabulous way to help you keep organized. If you are not a big journal enthusiast, use this basic how to make a book tutorial to create a brand new planner or sketchbook instead.
In the Blogger's Words: "Why not make this fun handmade notebook? It’s also perfect for the stargazers and space fans in your life. You could also switch out the stamps and change the theme completely. This is one gift that’s perfect for giving year-round!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- The Ultimate Tool by Crafter's Companion
- Sheena's A Little Bit Magical City in the Clouds EZ Mount Stamp Set
- Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock
- Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Markers
- Binding System (Zutter, etc)
- Versafine Onyx Black ink
Trim Chipboard to 3.75 x 5.5. Also trim watercolour paper. Adhere watercolour paper to both sides of both pieces of chipboard. These will be the front and back covers. Also trim plain paper (non cardstock) to 3.5x 5.25.
Follow the instructions for the binding system chosen. Punch the holes for the covers and the insides of the book. Do this first, before coloring or stamping. This way, nothing will be punched into or cut off when binding occurs.
Stamp planets onto front cover. Then heat emboss with clear powder. This is to protect the ink from bleeding when water is added.
Color in images with Spectrum Aquas. Scribble colors onto an acrylic block and then “paint” using a waterbrush. Add color to the background using the same technique. Colors used in this project: Saturn: Desert, Yellow Moon: Charcoal, Slate Small Planet: Kingfisher
Add some water to the color on the acrylic block and using the waterbrush, flick some splatters onto the covers. Now the colors will match perfectly and there is no need to use spray mists; Spectrum Aquas will do the trick! The splatters emulate the look of stars in space.
Bind the book (per the instructions in the binding system) and then tie some ribbon around the wires. This makes the journal look a little softer and hides the harshness of the wire.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Scrubbie
- Easy Punch Needle (and More!) With The Cricut Maker
- Golden Maple Fall Scarf
- Peppermint Pedicure Bath Bomb Recipe
- Large Paper Mache Vintage Decoupage Bowl
- Coffee Topiary
- Granny Square Blanket Cardigan
- Cozy Cotton Crochet Throw
- Iced Coffee Cup Cozy
- Water Bottle Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home