Witch Teapot Pumpkin
Which is it: a witch, a teapot, a pumpkin? You get all three with this silly Halloween craft. It'll look good decorating your kitchen this Halloween.
Check out this project and more ideas in 17 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Projects for Halloween!
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO22 - Burgundy Wine (transparent)
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA134 - Yellow Green
- DA232 - Vivid Violet
- DA252 - Lemonade
- DAW67 - Black
- DCT17 - Fuchsia
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- DBL1002-B - Liner 2
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- Unfinished wood pieces: 7/8" candle cup; XL teardrop, Forster's Woodsies; two 1" roundhead plugs
- Foam plate
- 1/4" round foam pouncer brush
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Tissue paper or newspaper
- Craft knife
- 4 1/2" felt witch hat (6" at base)
- Eva Foam Letters: Letter C, 474882; Letter A, 470765 (Purchased at Hobby Lobby)
- One 8" x 10" foam pumpkin
Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfaces.
- Remove stem from pumpkin.
- Paint pumpkin and teardrop shape for nose Lemonade using flat brush; let dry.
- Use shader brush and Snow White to paint roundhead plugs for eyes; let dry.
- Refer to photo and use craft knife to cut off thin diagonal side of Letter A.
- Use flat brush and Vivid Violet to paint letters and candle cup; let dry.
- Referring to photo for placement, glue Letter C for handle to side of pumpkin, pressing tip and side edge of C into pumpkin and holding in place until glue sets. Glue Letter A portion upside down on opposite side of pumpkin for spout.
- Pack top of witch hat with tissue or newspaper to make it firm.
- Glue eyes and nose to front of pumpkin face. Glue open end of candle cup over tip of witch hat.
- With pouncer brush dipped in Yellow Green, paint iris on each eye. Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in Yellow Green to dot on warts. Let dry.
- Mix four parts Multi-Purpose Sealer to one part Burgundy Wine. Thinning slightly with wet shader brush, paint large circles for cheeks; let dry.
- Use pencil to draw mouth shape and uneven teeth outlines. Use shader brush and Lamp Black to paint inside of mouth and let dry.
- Use shader brush and Snow White to paint teeth. Let dry.
- Use liner brush and Burgundy Wine to outline mouth; let dry.
- With Black Americana Writer, dot on eyes, bushy eyebrows, eyelashes, and lines for bangs and longer hair strands at sides of face. (Begin these at 2 from top center.) Let dry.
- Paint over Vivid Violet handle, knob, and spout with Fuchsia Craft Twinkles and flat brush. Let dry.
- Spray with pumpkin with Americana Gloss Sealer; let dry.
- Glue beneath rim to attach hat to top of pumpkin, making sure edges are secured.
Check out this other cute pumpkin project!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Halloween Crafts"
Hundreds of Halloween Crafts, Halloween Decorations and Halloween Craft Ideas featuring step-by-step halloween costume tutorials, halloween decorating tips and free halloween arts and crafts for kids.