If you're looking for a great homemade hair accessories and cute craft ideas for Easter, or even fun and easy spring crafts, check out this tutorial for an Easter Barrette from Victoria Lavertu, which is such a pretty barrette for any little girl. They are simple spring crafts to make, and don't even slip!
- Glue Gun
- Felt scraps
- Scissors and/or Rotary cutter
- Alligator clips
- Anything else you wish to embellish with
- Take some felt in the color of your choice. You'll need a long piece, approximately 30cm, maybe less.
- Cut a thin strip. Use a ruler and rotary cutter so it is even, or use scissors. This is what you'll use to wrap your clip.
- Starting from the bottom inner part of the clip, add a small dab of hot glue and press it on.
- Wrap it around the bottom prong, adding the glue where needed.
- Wrap around ends. When you get the top prong, open the clip while you glue so you don't get the glue all over the top felted prong.
- Trim up the felt once you've glued the last part on.
- Once that's done,trim the sides with scissors, just to thin it out a bit so you don't have too much bulk.
- Draw out a quick egg shape on some pink felt.
- Cut out small strips of purple and blue for the stripes on the egg.
- Glue them where you want. Trim the ends.
- Glue the egg onto the clip.
Read NextWire and Fabric DIY Headband