T shirt Necklace
Want to make this fun necklace? Get to work cleaning your closets and save some old t-shirts and you will have "shopped" for all the supplies you will need. This thrifty jewelry craft will have all the moms wondering how you did it.
- 100% Cotton T-shirts
- Remove the hem from the bottom of your t-shirts, then cut 1 inch wide strips from the bottom of the shirts.
- I worked with 15 strips for this project, you can adjust this according to how thick you'd like the necklace to be. (The strips are actually rings since you are cutting the bottom through both layers.) You will eventually double these rings, so 15 strips turns into 30.
- Once you have cut all your strips, S-T-R-R-R-E-E-E-T-C-H each one. This will cause them to roll on the sides and elongate them to twice the length.
- After stretching, lay them one on top of the other. Try to stack with the seams together.
- Holding your rings with the seams in each hand, twist (in a figure 8 kind of shape) to double the rings. Now the seams from both ends will all be together and the necklace will be half as long and twice as thick.
- Using an extra strip of t-shirt, wrap the section where the seams have come together, as shown here, to bind the whole stack. Like this:
- Pull it over your head... See how cute? How inexpensive? How customizable? The sky is the limit on the color combinations and thickness!
Read more about Jennifer, a featured Craft Designer at FaveCrafts!
Read NextGold DIY Mason Jar Flower Vase