Beautiful Birdcage T-Shirt Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "Transform an old shirt and wire coat hangers into these gorgeous fabric birdcages. Lovely easy craft, they make a great home decoration and gift. These are so easy to make cost almost nothing and can be personalised by using a favourite old shirt. They make for a lovely spring decoration."
Using recycled crafts and upcycled home décor ideas is a fabulous and fun way to add some dimension and interest to your space. While plastic jug organizers and wine bottle crafts will always have a place in our hearts, recycled art projects that use materials in a brand new way will always top the list. If you are looking to really dress your home décor to impress, consider creating this funky and eclectic Beautiful Birdcage T-Shirt Craft! These t-shirt crafts are created using old tees, wire hangers, Mod Podge, and an old dish or cardboard.
This adorable piece of DIY home décor is perfect for those who long for a pet, but just do not have the time. Create this DIY craft, find a faux bird you adore, and hang your tweet-free friend up anywhere in your home. This project would look especially cute in a nursery or front porch, too!
If you are in love with creating recycled art projects, you will love this free, downloadable collection of Earth-friendly DIY crafts. Download this free eBook today: "Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Materials" free eBook
Time to CompleteIn an evening
MaterialsFabric, Recycled Materials
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
Project TypeMake a Project
- 2 Wire coat hangers
- Fabric scraps or old shirt
- Duct tape, glue and pliers
- Old small flan dish or round piece of cardboard
Cut your coat hangers and bend to make into a rectangular shape. Fix with duct tape.
Cut the hook off one coat hanger and slot them together to form a cross. Secure with duct tape.
Using glue cover all the wire with strips of fabric.
Cover the round base with fabric and glue to the frame.
Make a swing out of twig and twine then just add bird.
Find even more craft projects ideas that are as unexpected, charming, and unique our collection of editor-approve ideas:
Let Us Know:
If you were to make this project, what kind of bird would you put in this faux birdcage? An owl? A parrot?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Secretly Cheap DIY Flower Vase
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
- Pill Bottle Crafts: Reuse Pill Bottles with this Crafty Guide [11 Ideas]
- 1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
- Recycled Magazine Cork Board
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: 62 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- Upcycle Thrift Store Plates
- 25 Easy to Make Water Bottle Crafts
- Mason Jar Vase
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tea Light Snowman and Owl Christmas Ornaments
- Chubby Christmas Crochet Elf Patterns
- Handmade JOY Holiday Trio Ensemble
- Arctic Albatross Adult Coloring Page
- The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home