Father's Day Fishing Bucket
This fishing bucket from I Love to Create is one of our favorite fathers day crafts for children. Your kids will enjoy decorating this bucket for their favorite dad and he'll love it too. Make it a project that you all do together to get some family time in and teach creativity at the same time!
- Scribbles® Dimensional Fabric Paint
- SC121 Bright Red
- Collage Pauge® Instant Decoupage
- Cardstock, brown and cream
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue
- Yarn, green
- Tissue paper, green, royal, turquoise, light blue
- Tear strips of tissue.
- Working in sections, use brush to apply Collage Pauge to surface of bucket, immediately press on tissue.
- Carefully brush another coat of Collage Pauge over top of tissue. Cover remainder of bucket. Keeping lighter colors towards the top. Overlap the colors to create interest. Then, let it dry.
- Wrap yarn in a wavy pattern around the bucket and then glue itdown.
- Cut out photos of your kids and pictures of fish from magazines, internet or computer print outs. Arrange kids to determine size of boat. Sketch boat and cut out.
- Draw planks onto boat with marker.
- Position and glue kids to backside of boat.
- On front side of the boat, write "We love you, Dad" or some similar message with Scribbles Fabric paint. Let this dry as well.
- On cream colored cardstock write "Fish All Day" or your own message and let dry. Cut out around letters.
- Glue boat with kids to center of bucket and glue "Fish All Day" towards the top of the bucket. Let glue dry.
- Glue additional fish around the sides of the bucket. Let dry.
- Present as a loving gift!
Read NextFather's Day Magnet Set
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 10, 2010
Will definitely make this project together with my grandchildren. I am totally in awe of the thousands of ideas you are sharing with us. Your website is just the best! To all those who share their ideas with us, THANKS!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use