Yarn Wrapped Spring Duck
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Add a touch of whimsy to your spring decor with this adorable Yarn Wrapped Spring Duck. Made by wrapping yarn around STYROFOAM, this sweet little chick is ready to bring happiness and joy to your spring home decor. This is a fun and easy craft for kids and adults, and it's sure to make all your friends and family smile! Start a new tradition and craft up a whole little duck family to help you welcome spring and all the joy that comes with it!
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn Gold (1 Skein will make several ducks)
- Styrofoam Brand Foam: 4", 6" balls
- 9" x 12" Kunin Prestofelt Craftcut Copper Canyon
- 2-12mm Black Beads
- 1-12" x 1/4" Dowel
- 1/2 yard craft ribbon
- Flower embellishment
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue from I Love to Create
- Printable Pattern
Begin at center end of ball, glue and wrap yarn. Continue until ball is completely covered. Repeat for second ball.
Cut dowel into 3 equal pieces. Insert one piece of dowel between the two balls using the Turbo Tacky glue.
Print out pattern. Draw pattern onto paper backing of Prestofelt. Cut out each piece.
For legs wrap dowels with yarn leaving a 1/2" at one end. Glue at both ends.
Peel off backing of felt wing. Place the yarn back and forth across the adhesive back of the felt. Trim yarn. Repeat for second wing.
Peel backing off of both beak pieces. Place a small amount of yarn in center of one beak piece for stuffing. Place adhesive sides together around edges. Press to face, adhesive on felt with adhere to face. Insert beads on either side of of beak pressing into face. Glue on place.
Trim top of wings off and glue to either side of body as shown.
Peel backing off feet pieces and press together. Glue to ends of dowel. Insert opposite ends of dowels into body.
Cut a 12" and 3"piece of yarn. Fold the 12" piece back and forth three times. Wrap 3" piece around one end and tie. Trim ends. Glue to duck back for tail. Tie on bow and add flower.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home