Easter Chick Storybook with Video
Use a "cupcake" shaped blank board book to create an Easter chick themed storybook for kids. Don't forget to watch the video which shows designer Lisa Fulmer opening the Easter storybook.
- Ready-to-Go! Blank Board Book 5 1/4" x 6 1/2" Cupcake
- Black paint marker
- Craft paint
- Solid cardstock in bright colors
- coordinating patterned cardstock
- Crop-o-Dile heavy-duty hole punch
- craft glue
- Turn the cupcake board book upside down and paint the "shell" (formerly the top of the cupcake) with yellow craft paint.
- Paint the chick's body with bright pink craft paint.
- Cut a circle (approx 2.5") from green cardstock for the chick's head.
- Draw and cut a beak shape from blue cardstock.
- Draw and cut 2 wings and a comb from coordinating patterned cardstock.
- Outline the edges of the shell and the chick's body, head and beak with a black paint marker. Draw cracks in the shell.
- Draw an eye on the chick's head.
- Adhere the comb and beak to the head with craft glue.
- Punch a small hole at the top of the first page of chick's body (formerly the bottom of the cupcake) and at the bottom of the head.
- Attach the head to the body with a brad...this allows you to move the head.
- Punch holes similarly to attach the wings to the body....so you can move the wings.
- To decorate the inside pages, trace the exterior shape of the board book on to desired colors of cardstock. Trim the cardstock 1/8" inside the lines.
- Adhere trimmed cardstock to each board book page with craft glue. You can opt to paint the pages with craft paint instead.
- Write a story about your chick with a few words on each page. Add photos, drawings and embellishments as desired.