Rake Up Your Leaves Without the Hassle
This Fall Leaves and Texture Cube bring the look of fall into your home, it's as if you raked your backyard and turned it into something amazing. Once it's put together you can bring it out every season.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 4"
- Cube, 5"
- Acrylic paints: dark brown; burnt sienna; deep red
- Dried fall leaves/stems, one large bunch
- Dark green reindeer moss, one bag
- White, paintable textured wall covering (available by the roll in most hardware stores)
- Floral picks, 4", two
- Floral shears
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Trace cube sides and bottom onto back of wallpaper, noting desired pattern placement; center same pattern on each side before tracing. Cut out and glue paper to foam; leave cube top uncovered.
- Use paintbrush to apply burnt sienna to one side of paper-covered cube. While wet, use paper towel to randomly add spots of deep red and dark brown. Repeat for each side and bottom; let dry. Add additional highlights as desired; let dry.
- Use glue gun to cover foam ball with reindeer moss; let dry. Glue floral picks into bottom of ball; glue opposite ends into top of cube.
- Trim leaf stems to 2" long. Apply glue to stems and insert into foam ball, completely covering ball with leaves. Spot glue individual leaves into visible gaps. Let dry.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.