Wooden Photo Plaque
Vintage photos work best for this wooden photo plaque, using the eCraft electronic die cutting machine by Craftwell. These make unique memorial gifts for war veterans, and they are a great way to honor loved ones this Veteran's Day.
- Printable Adhesive Fabric Square 1
- Photo (sized to fit wood piece)
- Transfer Tape or Contact Paper
- Light Brown Vinyl
- Needle or Craft Pick Tool
- Sponge Brush
- Sable Brown Acrylic Paint
- Sanding Block/Ink Blending Tool, Ranger Distress Ink Gathered Twigs (optional)
- eCraft Settings: Pressure Setting – 1, Tab Density –0, Tab Width – 0, Multi Cut – 0, Blade Cap – on, Card Stock Stabilizer used.
- Prep your fame if needed by painting the sides with Arcylic paint, let dry.
- In photo program size photo to fit wood. Print photo onto Square 1 Printable Adhesive Fabric, let dry (if your photo is a larger than the area you are putting it on, just sand off the sides with a sanding block).
- If desired ink edges of photo to blend in with painted wood. We used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Open SCAL3 type desired text, resize and send to eCraft; cut from Light Brown Vinyl.
- Weed vinyl, leaving words.
- Apply transfer tape over cut letters, pressing firmly.
- Carefully remove backing, to reveal vinyl on Transfer Tape. Note sticky side of the vinyl is now facing you. The Transfer Tape is a bit tacky like Painters Tape – don’t worry it won’t stick to your project. Place sticky side down onto your project; rub gently to remove vinyl words onto your project.
Read NextChristmas in a Jar