Wood Veneer Wrapped Candle
Create a Wood Veneer Wrapped Candle for your fall tablescape. Find out how to decorate a candle and use them throughout your home to usher in autumn. This quick and easy craft is perfect for beginners or anyone who is short on time. Gather up some feathers, yarn and other easy-to-find craft supplies and put your creative muscles to the test. A little hot glue is all you need to pull the piece together.
- Design Master® TintIT™ - Mango
- Design Master® COLORTOOL® Spray - Robin’s Egg Blue
- Battery operated pillar candle
- Sheet of wood veneer
- Cotton string
- Utility knife
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Form a loose ball of the cotton string. Spray the string with Robin’s Egg and then allow it to dry. Untangle the string and reform it again into a new ball. Tint the ball of string with Mango and then allow it to dry.
- Lightly tint the feather with Mango.
- Stain the wood veneer sheet by evenly sparying TintIT Mango. Apply an additional coat or two to deepen the color.
- When the veneer is dry, measure the width you will need by placing the candle on its side and marking the wrong side of the veneer. Trim veneer with utility knife.
- Wrap the candle in the veneer and glue it in place.
- Hot glue the end of the painted string to the middle area of the candle. Wrap the painted string around the candle several times and glue the other end into place.
- Hot glue the feather to the painted string.
- The second pillar is created in a similar manner using Chartreuse TintIT on veneer scraps and cotton string.