Vintage Chalkboard Frame DIY Home Decor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Vintage Chalkboard Frame DIY Home Decor can be updated using products from Plaid. Using FolkArt Home Decor paints and wax and Martha Stewart Crafts Chalkboard Paint, create a trendy frame with a painted branch and porcelain birds. This is one of those vintage decorating ideas that everyone will love. The final touch for this DIY home decor is writing a personal sentiment. Repurposing items found at the thrift store can be fun and rewarding. There's no need to spend a ton of money on new items when you can decorate your space with inexpensive finds. Since you're adding so many special touches, your frame will look brand new.
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Nantucket Blue
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Wax - Clear Wax
- Plaid. FolkArt Home Decor Wax - White Wax
- Plaid Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint Black
- White Acrylic Paint
- Thrift store vintage frames
- Porcelain bird ornaments
- Chalkboard Marker
- Branch from my garden
Clean frame and remove glass and image
Paint frame using FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint in Nantucket Blue. Allow to Dry.
Apply FolkArt Home Decor Clear Wax, let dry and buff.
Brush on a thin layer of FolkArt White Wax, immediately remove excess wax with a clean cloth, leaving white wax in the surface recesses.
Paint a layer of black Martha Stewart Chalkboard paint onto the backing board of the original frame.
Paint a tree branch white.
Secure the black painted chalkboard panel to the frame. Attach the painted branch and porcelain birds using a strong adhesive.
Finish by writing a sentiment with a chalkboard marker.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Drop Cloth DIY Rug
Faux Leather Padded Headboard
Embroidery Hoop Wall Hanging
Step by Step Learn the Easiest Farmhouse DIY Lampshade Makeover Out of Chicken Wire
DIY Burlap Table Runner
DIY Painted Pillow Patterns
Create a Butterfly Haven
DIY Rustic Photo Frame
26 Free Macrame Patterns and Knot Craft Projects
40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pompom Bunny Welcome Sign
- How to Make an Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Recipe For Any Hair Type
- Easter Egg Maracas Craft
- Upcycled Jeans Wall Vase
- Mother's Day Candle Gift Set
- Off the Shoulder Dress Pattern
- Free Butterfly Printables
- Teach Me Cricut Design Space
- Repurposed Plastic Egg Carton Floral Wreath
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home