Vintage Chalkboard Frame DIY Home Decor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Vintage Chalkboard Frame DIY Home Decor can be updated using products from Plaid. Using FolkArt Home Decor paints and wax and Martha Stewart Crafts Chalkboard Paint, create a trendy frame with a painted branch and porcelain birds. This is one of those vintage decorating ideas that everyone will love. The final touch for this DIY home decor is writing a personal sentiment. Repurposing items found at the thrift store can be fun and rewarding. There's no need to spend a ton of money on new items when you can decorate your space with inexpensive finds. Since you're adding so many special touches, your frame will look brand new.
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Nantucket Blue
- Plaid FolkArt Home Decor Wax - Clear Wax
- Plaid. FolkArt Home Decor Wax - White Wax
- Plaid Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint Black
- White Acrylic Paint
- Thrift store vintage frames
- Porcelain bird ornaments
- Chalkboard Marker
- Branch from my garden
Clean frame and remove glass and image
Paint frame using FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paint in Nantucket Blue. Allow to Dry.
Apply FolkArt Home Decor Clear Wax, let dry and buff.
Brush on a thin layer of FolkArt White Wax, immediately remove excess wax with a clean cloth, leaving white wax in the surface recesses.
Paint a layer of black Martha Stewart Chalkboard paint onto the backing board of the original frame.
Paint a tree branch white.
Secure the black painted chalkboard panel to the frame. Attach the painted branch and porcelain birds using a strong adhesive.
Finish by writing a sentiment with a chalkboard marker.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Upcycled Mosaic Wall Planter
- How to Make a Floating Tea Cup
- Beaded Wooden Cross
- Diy Bunny Banner from Fabric Scraps
- Bell Angel
- The Easiest DIY Farmhouse Windmill in 4 Quick Steps!
- 31 Free Macrame Patterns and Knot Craft Projects
- Modern Elegance Wall Hanging
- Learn How to Make the Easiest DIY No-Sew Farmhouse Pillow in less than 5 Minutes.
- Diy Love Arrow Decor
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ombre Crescent Moon Shawl
- Tulip Wreath
- Cardboard Tube Lambs
- St. Patrick's Day Shiplap Sign
- Little Arrows Chunky Crochet Cowl
- In The Groove Crochet Fingerless Gloves
- Vintage Hair Tie
- How To Make Crochet Flowers
- Flower Card Craft
- Diy Face Mist With Essential Oils
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home