Scrap Fabric Lamp Makeover
Don't throw away your fabric scraps! Save those odds and ends for this Spiral Fabric Lamp Makeover from Heather Valentine. Ideas for fabric scraps don't get much more creative! Use spray paint to mask any scratches or nicks.
- Old lamp
- Spray paint
- Remove lampshade and bulb. Give lamp a good scrub. (Yuck, mine was super dirty!) Rough up the surface with sandpaper if it’s super shiny.
- After lamp base has dried; apply one to two light coats of your favorite color spray paint. *Note, it is best to put a drop cloth down when spraying to avoid any accidents. Put off to the side to let dry.
- While your lamp base is drying, remove all fabric parts from your shade.
- Taking strips of fabric about 1″ wide (I just ripped across my fabric) Dab a spot of hot glue at the base and start twisting, angling up as you go. Dab of glue at the top and you are good to go! Continue to add strips all the way around shade. Be sure to stagger your starting point.
- Put all the pieces back together, plug-in and you are all set!
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out Whimsical Lamp Makeover.