Decorative Spice Sphere
Learn how to make your own decoration for the home. Take some old or new spices, some floral greenery and some acrylic paints. This lovely piece can be placed in any room or even hung up on a wall. It's quick and easy and it lasts a long time.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Ball, any size (3" and 4" shown here)
- Sheet, scrap
- Spices: crushed red pepper; parley flakes
- Silk floral pick with greenery
- Acrylic paints: dk. sage green; light brown
- Natural raffia
- Green reindeer moss
- Wooden skewer
- Rubber bands, two
- Sponge paintbrush
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Insert skewer into foam ball. Place rubber bands around ball, dividing into four equal sections. Holding skewer, paint alternating sections green and brown. Insert skewer into scrap foam; let dry.
- Remove rubber bands. Apply thin coat white glue to one painted section at a time. Sprinkle green sections with parsley and brown sections with red pepper. Insert skewer into scrap foam; let dry.
- Wrap lines separating sections with raffia; glue to secure. Tie raffia ends into bow at top of ball, if desired. Glue leaves, blossoms, and moss to top of ball as shown.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.