Chevron Striped Dresser
Do you have an old dresser that is in desperate need of a makeover? Give it a new life with this Chevron Striped Dresser tutorial! It's the perfect size to fit inside a walk-in closet and is great for storing makeup and jewelry on top. With a few coats of her favorite spray paint, designer Dinah Wulf was able to make something that instantly helped beautify her walk-in closet. With a few simple materials and a little creativity, you can use the same techniques to decorate your very own furniture pieces.
- Shape Tape
- Pair of Scissors
- Can of Gray Krylon Spray Paint
- Can of Peekaboo Krylon Spray Paint
- Painter's Tape
- Disassemble the dresser and remove all the hardware and drawers.
- Use shape tape to apply chevron stripes on the drawers. Make sure to press and smooth out the tape from bubbles. Use painter's tape to protect the edges of the drawers.
- Spray paint the dresser and drawers in the desired colors in smooth even strokes on a tarp in a well-ventilated area. Spray two coats allowing the paint to dry in between coats.
- Remove the tape and reassemble the dresser and the hardware.
You can find this project, as well as many more, in our new eBook, Make it Yours®: How to Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More from Krylon®! Download your own free copy today!