Chain and Bead Boxes
Aleene’s Jewelry & Metal Glue provides the secure bond needed to make this project colorful and fun!
- Aleene's® Jewelry & Metal Glue™
- Metal boxes, assorted shapes
- Paper plates
- Wire cutter
- Paper towels
- Straight pin
- Chain by the yard, silver
- Seed beads, assorted colors
- Large bead - optional
- Wipe top of box with damp paper towel. Let dry thoroughly.
- Measure chain to fit around outside edge of lid, plus 1”. Cut, using wire cutter.
- Run a thin bead of Jewelry & Metal glue around edge of top of lid. Holding chain over glue, let end drop into glue. Use straight pin to stabilize chain as you adjust it to lie flat. Cut off excess. Butt ends together.
- Apply a thin bead of glue to create a wavy pattern on center of lid. Apply chain, following Step 3. Trim end. Let dry.
- Place box onto paper plate. Working in well-ventilated area, fill a small section of lid with glue. Pour seed beads into wet glue. Press beads lightly into glue, using fingers. Pour excess beads onto plate. Return to container. Repeat procedure to apply beads onto remainder of lid. Let dry thoroughly.
- If more beads are needed in an area, apply glue. Pick up a bead, using straight pin. Place into wet glue. Let dry.
- If desired, glue chain around sides of lid and a large bead onto front edge.
Read NextDiy Spring Table Centerpiece