4th of July Picnic Placemat
Give a plain place mat a pocket with a cross-stitch USA for the perfect table decoration for the 4th of July. The place mat pockets hold utensils for handy and patriotic decoration from Dimensions.
- coordinating fabric for pocket
- sewing thread
- stamped cross stitch kit #72780 USA (Learn-a-Craft)
- Pocket Pattern [pdf]
- The downloadable pocket pattern is the same size as the one used on our placemat; however, you may adjust the size and shape of the pocket to suit your needs.
- Press the side and bottom edges of the pocket 1/2" to the wrong side.
- Working on the top edge of the pocket, press 1/4" of fabric to the wrong side. Press another 1/4" to the wrong side and stitch it in place.
- Trim the stamped cross stitch fabric 1/2" away from the stitching on all four sides. Press 1/4" of fabric to the wrong side.
- Center the design on the pocket and sew it in place.
- Sew the sides and bottom of the pocket to the placemat.
For other fantastic picnic essentials, be sure to check out our collection of 7 Picnic Accessories and Essentials!
Read NextChristmas Angel