Heart Pixel Art Square
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Though a little time consuming, pixel art projects are so fun! I think I like most that it kind of resembles a quilt, but also that it uses my favorite join-as-you method – the Pull Loop Through Method! Makes for an easy join, and no worrying about how to assemble later – can’t say I enjoy sewing squares together. BUT! If you do, you could always make the squares separately, and then use the mattress stitch (or your preferred technique) to join them later. WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS SQUARE? It’s the perfect size for a 16″ throw pillow, use it as an afghan square, and build a blanket, add more squares all around to make a larger blanket, use it as a doily, attach it to a dowel rod, and hang it, use it as the star of the show for a sweater/top, even changing up the weight of yarn used will open doors!"
NotesYarn Alternative: Berroco’s Vintage DK, Stylecraft Special DK (this one has similar colors to those used, I’m thinking Matador, Raspberry and Silver)
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeFirst square measures 2″. Gauge is only essential if your finished project size is. If it’s not, the most important thing is consistent sized squares.
Finished SizeOne Size
- 640 Yards of Lightweight #3 Yarn – I used Baby Bee Sweet Delight Yarn in Cloudy [Gray] (210 Yards), and I Love This Sport Weight Yarn in Red (225 Yards), and Cranberry (205 Yards)
- G6/4mm Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet House Slippers (one Hour Project)
- Giraffe And Friends Easy Baby Quilt From A Jelly Roll
- Heart Finger Puppet
- Braided Twist Headband
- Braided Baby Blanket
- Lion Baby Booties
- Diy Tortilla Warmers Fro M Fabric
- Free Valentine Word Search For Kids
- Imposter Plushie For Gamers
- Printable I Spy Winter
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home