Floral Watering Can Tissue Cover
By: Roseanna Beck
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Decorate your tissue box with some fun flowers. This tissue cover is fun as it looks like a watering can. Free crochet patterns are always great when you can get a little creative with it.
- 1 skein White Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 2 yds. Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 2 yds. Light Lavender Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 3 yds. Spring Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- F, G and H crochet hooks or size needed for guage
- Sewing Needle and Thread
- Tapestry Needle
- Boutique Tissue Box
GAUGE: With G hook – 2 rows = 1 ¼”
2 small shells = 2”
Chain (ch), Single Crochet (sc), Half Double Crochet (hdc), Double Crocht (dc), Slip Stitch (sl st)
Special Stitch: Small Shell (Sm Sh) – 2 dc, ch 2, sc
Rnd 1 – With G hook and white ch 64 and form a ring, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, sc) in same ch, *skip 3 ch,
Sm Sh in next ch, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 3 and turn. (16 Small Shells)
Rnd 2 – Sl st in first 2 ch sp, ch 3, (dc, ch 2, sc) in same sp, Sm Sh in each ch 2 sp around, join to
top of beg ch 3 and turn.
Rep Rnd 2 for a total of 10 rounds, fasten off leaving yarn for joining to top.
Row 1 – With G hook and white ch 21, dc in 4th ch from hook, (dc, ch 2, sc) in same ch, *skip 3
ch, Sm Sh in next ch, rep from * across ending sc in last ch, ch 2 and turn. (5 Small
Row 2 – Sm Sh in each ch 2 sp across ending sc in last dc, ch 2 and turn.
Row 3 – Rep Row 2.
Row 4 – Sm Sh in each of next 2 ch 2 sps, ch 2, sl st in next ch 2 sp, ch 2 (this starts tissue
opening), cont. Sm Sh across ending sc in last dc, ch 2 and turn.
Row 5 – Sm Sh in each of next 2 ch 2 sps, ch 6 (for tissue opening), cont. Sm Sh across ending
sc last dc, ch 2 and turn.
Row 6 – Sm Sh in each of next 2 ch 2 sps, skip 2 ch, Sm Sh in next ch, skip 3 ch, cont. Sm Sh
across ending sc in last dc, ch 2 and turn.
Row 7 – Rep Row 2.
Rnd 8 – Rep Row 2 ending dc in last dc and fasten off.
Top Handle: Row 1 – With I hook and double strands of white ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc
in each ch across, ch 1 and turn. (3 scs)
Rows 2-38 – Sc in each sc across, ch 1 and turn.
Row 39 – Sc in each sc across and fasten off.
Side Handle: Rep as for Top Handle for a total of 24 rows.
Row 1 – (Beginning) With G hook and white ch 4, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each sc across
and fasten off. Do Not Turn.
Row 2 – Starting at beg of row sl st in first sc, ch 2, 1 dc in same sp, 3 dc in next sc, 2 dc in last
sc and fasten off. Do Not Turn.
Row 3 – Starting at beg of row sl st in first dc, ch 2, 2 dc in each dc across and fasten off. Do
Row 4 – Starting at beg of row sl st in first dc, ch 2, *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc, rep from *
across ending 2 dc in last dc and fasten off.
FLOWERS AND LEAVES
Flowers: (make 1 light lavender and 1 pink)
Split flower color yarn into 2 strand pieces
Rnd 1 – With F hook ch 4 and form a ring, work 10 sc in ring, join to beg sc.
Rnd 2 – Ch 2, 3 dc in next st, ch 2, (sl st in next st, ch 2, 3 dc in next st, ch 2) around, join
with a sl st to last round and fasten off.
Leaves: (make 4)
Split spring green into 2 strand pieces
With F hook ch 7, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next ch, hdc in each of next 2 chs, sc in next
ch, 3 sc in next ch, working along opposite side of chain, sc in sc, hdc in each of next 2 hdcs,
sc in each of next 2 scs, join with a sl st to beg ch st and fasten off.
Stems: (Make 2)
Split spring green into 2 strand pieces
With F hook make chain length you need plus 7 extra chains, sl st in 7th ch from hook to
form the top of the stem and fasten off.
1. Sew flowers, leaves and stems on front and back as shown on Flower Graph.
2. With white sew on spout to side
3. With white whipstitch cover to top.
4. With white sew on side handle opposite of spout.
5. With white sew on top handle.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you think you know all the ways to make crafts with wine corks, you've obviously never seen this genius Pretty Pendant Charm… See moreGet More Projects
- Pretty Empire Waist Tank
- Granny Square Crochet Shorts
- Cathedral Window Granny Square
- 36 Granny Square Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Multi Color Granny Slippers
- The Only Crocheted Granny Square You'll Ever Need
- Easy ZigZag Crochet Hand Cloths
- 13 Free Crochet Doily Patterns for Beginners
- Super Fast Little Purse
- Diagonal Crochet Dishcloth
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 268 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Easy Button Earrings
- Penny Copper and Gold Necklace
- DIY Movie or Picnic Blanket
- DIY Insect Repeller/Cleaner
- All Natural Weed Killer DIY
- Woodland Espresso Cup Airplant Planter
- Nautical Free Printable Art
- Turquoise Beach Watercolor Printables
- Silk Flower Centerpiece