This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Floppy Paws Bear
"This cuddly crochet bear pattern works up quickly in a bulky yarn. At 19” (48.5 cm) tall with an ample belly and stretchy, unstuffed limbs, the Floppy Paws Bear can be packed as a companion to bring along on adventures. I made the limbs unstuffed, so the Floppy Paws Bear is easy to carry along everywhere. This is the first pattern in the sixth annual Softie Crochet Along. My version is an off-white, polar bear style, but you can choose any colors you’d like for your version."
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeThrough Rnd 7 in pattern for Head = 4” (10 cm) diameter. Exact gauge is not critical for this pattern. Stitches should be tight so that fiber filling doesn’t show through.
Finished SizeApproximately 19” (48.5 cm) tall from tip of Ears to bottom of Back Paws after assembly and stuffing.
- Lion Brand Hue + Me yarn (80% acrylic/20% wool, 4.4 oz/125 g, 137 yd/125 m) – 2 skeins in 098AS Salt (CA) and 1 skein in 102AF Bellini (CB), or approximately 205 yd (187.5 m) in CA and 5 yd (3.5 m) in CB in any bulky weight acrylic and wool blend yarn.
- US Size H-8/5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to get gauge.
- Locking stitch markers.
- Yarn needle.
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill – 12 oz. bag.
- 15 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use