Fish Dish Towel
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Learn how to make a fun dishcloth for the kitchen. This Fish Dish Towel is an easy crochet pattern for new crocheters who have mastered basic rectangular and square patterns already. Take your crochet skills to the next level by crocheting something shaped like a fish! This is a particularly fun project for a cozy cabin or a summer kitchen.
From the Designer: "Easy fish-shaped kitchen towel crocheted in cotton worsted. Use a double strand of cotton with a J hook, and you have a fish-shaped hot pad. Materials: 50 yards cotton worsted Size G crochet hook"
Crochet HookG/6 or 4 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Finished SizeFinished item measures approximately: 11" tall by 7" wide.
- 50 yards cotton worsted yarn
- Size G crochet hook
- plastic ring
Row 1: Work 5 sc through ring. Ch 1, turn.
Rows 2-6: Work 2 hdc in 1st st, hdc across to last st, 2 hdc in last st. Ch 1, turn. (16 hdc at end of Row 6).
Rows 7-10: Work 2 hdc in 1st st, hdc in each st across. Ch 1, turn. (19 hdc at end of Row 10).
Rows 11-20: Work even in hdc. Ch 1, turn.
Rows 21-27: Dec, hdc across to last 2 st, dec. Ch 1, turn. (5 hdc at end of Row 27).
(If using contrasting colors, change colors here.)
Row 1: 2 hdc in each st across. Ch 1, turn. (10 hdc)
Row 2: *Hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st,* repeat across. Ch 1, turn. (15 hdc)
Row 3: *Hdc in next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st,* repeat across. Ch 1, turn. (20 hdc)
Row 4: Hdc across. Fasten off.
Row 1: Attach yarn at end of Row 11 of body. Make 12 sc evenly spaced across top of fish.
Row 2: Dec over 1st 2 sts, sc across. Ch 1, turn. (11 sc).
Row 3: Sc across to last 2 sts, dec over last 2 sts. Ch 1, turn. (10 sc).
Row 4: Repeat Row 2 (9 sc).
Row 5: Repeat Row 3 (8 sc).
Row 6: Hdc in each of next 3 sts, sc in each of next 3 sts, sl st in each of last 2 sts. Fasten off.
On bottom of fish, attach yarn at opposite end of row where the top fin ends. Ch 2, 2 dc, 2 hdc, and 2 sc evenly spaced across ends of rows. Sl st. Fasten off.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Bedside Hanging Basket
Pocket Tissue Case Free Crochet Pattern
Final Frost Beanie
Pear Blossoms Crochet Doily
Everyday Triangle Scarf Crochet Pattern
3D Crochet Star Pebble Necklace
Mesh Stitch Crochet Gloves
Cross-Over Block Stitch Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
Simplicity Phone Sleeve
12 of Red Heart's Cutest Patterns Ever
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Star Stitch Neck Warmer
- Linen Stitch Basket
- DIY Air Force Keepsake Box
- How to make 3D Solar System Project for Kids
- Paper Flower Pattern and Tutorial
- Creamsicle Wrap/Scarf
- How to Upcycle Purses with Rhinestones
- Toddler Bib
- Diy Mini Notebooks
- Twisted Paper Napkin Flower Motif
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home