Crocheted Spa Basket
This large Crocheted Spa Basket from Lily Sugar n' Cream is great for bathroom storage. Made with Lily's scented yarn, this crochet basket is great to give as a gift for Mother's Day, birthdays, or as a new home surprise. This basket is easy to make and works up fast.
- 5 balls Lily® Sugar ’n Cream® Scents (56.7 g/2 oz) Vanilla Bouquet
- Size 3.25 mm (U.S. D or 3) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Fabric stiffener (optional)
GAUGE: 19 sc and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
MEASUREMENTS: Approx 5 x 10 x 6 ins [12.5 x 25.5 x 15 cm] with top unfolded.
- Ch 31.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 30 sc.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc across. Turn.
- **Rep last row for 5 ins [12.5 cm], ending with a WS row.
- Fold row: (RS). Ch 1. Working through back loops only, 1 sc in each sc across. Turn.
- Next row: Ch 1. Working through both loops, 1 sc in each sc across. Turn. Rep last row until work from fold line measures 10 ins [25.5 cm], ending with a WS row.**
- Work Fold row.
- Next row: Ch 1. Working through both loops, 1 sc in each sc across. Turn. Rep from ** to ** once more.
- Next row: (RS). (Join). Place foundation ch behind last row with WS of work tog. Ch 1. Working through both thicknesses, 1 sc in each sc across. Fasten off.
- Ch 50.
- 1st row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. 1 sc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 49 sc.
- 2nd row: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc across. Turn. Rep last row for 5 ins [12.5 cm], ending with a WS row. Do not fasten off.
- Join Base to Sides: Place lower edge of Sides behind Base with WS of work tog, aligning corners of Base with fold lines and joining row of Sides. Ch 1. Working through both thicknesses, work 1 rnd of sc around all 4 sides of Base. Join. Fasten off.
- Optional: Apply Fabric Stiffener to Basket following manufacturer’s directions. Fold top edge of Basket to RS as shown in picture.
Read NextBunny Toy
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 22, 2016
I think this basket would look wonderful in your personal bathroom or in anyone guest bathroom. I am going to crochet a couple of these to use in my home. I will see if I can figure if there are any problems with the pattern and if I run into any, I will be happy to post any corrections I find.
carlpeterson20 916 7396
Dec 02, 2013
as one starts withe the 31 st. the row's are going horizontal- the picture show's the row's going vertical- if one has the fold line is going across horizontal the fold line is in the wrong place- if one goes across the ends then the horizontal and vertical row's do not line up going in the same direction.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use