This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Cafecito Storage Cup
"This adorable crochet coffee cup pattern is guaranteed to put a smile on any coffee lover’s face! At just under 4” (10 cm) tall, it’s perfect for storing small crafts supplies, like buttons, safety eyes, and more. Or use it to keep mementos like movie tickets, USBs, or any other small items that resists organization. Or, stuff it and make it a squishable softie! Skills Used Basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet Crocheting flat in rows, crocheting in the round Seaming with whipstitch (pattern includes link to photo tutorial) Embellishing with the embroidery back stitch (pattern includes link to video tutorial)"
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeThrough Rnd 11 = 4” (10 cm) diameter in pattern for Bottom. Exact gauge isn’t critical for this project. Stitches should be tight so that contents do not peek through.
Finished SizeApproximately 3.75” (9.5 cm) height after assembly.
- Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok Worsted (100% wool, 1.75 oz/50 g, 123 yd/112 m) – 1 skein each in 1303 Highland Fleece (CA), 1313 Dark Chocolate (CB), and 1315 Red Rock, or approximately 90 yd (82.5 m) in CA, 20 yd (18.5 m) in CB, and 1 yd (1 m) in CC in any 100% wool or 100% cotton medium weight yarn.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Locking stitch marker set.
- 12 mm black safety eyes – 1 pair.
- Bent-tip yarn needle.
- Optional for storage cup version: Fusible interfacing, iron or heat press, heat-safe surface, pen or marking tool, and sharp scissors.
- Optional for softie version: Skip the interfacing and use Fairfield Poly-Fil Premium Polyester Fiber Fill to stuff.
Read NextBobbles Christmas Tree