For a great crochet project, look no further than this Iris flower. A crochet flower sure to please and impress. The Iris flower has double row lavender petals with yellow crests.
- Red Heart Yarn, Center and Double Row Petals
- Red Heart Yarn, Lavender #584 6 yds.
- Crests – DMC #973
- H hook
Center of Flower:
With H hook and lavender [leave 30” for behind petals] ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook, join to beg sc.
- Back Petals: Work in back loop with I hook *(sl st, ch 5, 2 dtrc, ch 5, sl st) in loop, sl st in next loop, rep from * around, join to beg sl st and fasten off. (3 petals)
- Front Petals: Work in front loop *(sl st, ch 4, 2 trc, ch 4, sl st) in loop between any 2 back petals, sl st in next loop, rep from * around, join to beg sl st and fasten off. (3 petals)
Crests: (make 3)
With two 6 strands DMC #973 make 8 knots at top of double strand of thread, insert in between 2 top petals leaving it about ½” high and secure to back. Rep for other 2 crests.
(Continue with Rnd 1 as established in general instructions.)
- If sewing flower directly to crocheted item omit instructions between [ ].
- If continuing a pattern behind the petals of a flower, use all instructions for the flower then crochet the following:
Rnd 1 – (Behind Petals)
With H hook and 30” strand of yarn (left behind flower) work in center of the
flower *sc between any 2 sc, ch 3, cont from * around evenly spacing 3 more
ch 3 sps, join to beg sc and fasten off. (4 ch 3 sps)
Continue with your pattern.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Crochet Flowers"
Make some crochet flowers with easy crochet patterns, they're easier to handle than real flowers. Learning how to crochet a flower will be a breeze with these free crochet patterns.