Serape Crochet Shawl Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A fun crochet accessory, this Serape Crochet Shawl Pattern is an easy crochet shawl pattern for all skill levels. Perfect for beginner crochet projects, this shawl uses basic crochet stitches in its construction and is a simple DIY accessory to put together. This shawl is the perfect DIY winter accessory, as its texture is perfect for thick layering. Have fun with this woman's crochet pattern!
In the Designer's Words: "The stripe pattern in this rectangular shawl is inspired by the serape shawls of Mexico. The special stitch creates an interesting texture and a gentle drape. Skills used basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet, double crochet crocheting in rows special stitch (cv-st with written explanation in pattern)."
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(1) Super Fine (27-32 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge26 sts x 11 rows in pattern = 4” (10 cm) when pinned flat but not blocked. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished Size70” (178 cm) long x 13.5” (34.5 cm) wide before blocking.
- Valley Yarns Charlemont (60% Merino/20% polyamide, 20% silk, 3.5 oz/100 g, 439 yd/401.5 m) – 3 skeins Purple Passion (CA), 1 skein Natural (CB), and 1 skein Burgundy (CC), or approximately 1,790 yd (1,637 m) in any sock weight yarn.
- US F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever seen a more beautiful way to recycle pill bottles? Rather than throwing empty pill bottles away, make this Stunningly… Continue reading: "Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp"
- Lightweight Zen Jacket
- Justine Crochet Prayer Shawl Pattern
- Simply Savvy Crochet Ruana Pattern
- Sidewalk Shawl Crochet Pattern
- Perfectly Panache Chic Poncho
- Bright Red Shimmer Cowl
- Wrapture Free Crochet Shawl Pattern
- Jacket with Ribbon Trim
- Granny Square Tunic and Matching Purse
- Interwoven Cabled Chic Shawl
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cute Crochet Frog Bookmark
- Octopus Colouring Pages
- Making Christine's Dressig Robe For <$10
- Simple Dress To Sew
- Simple Sew Remote Pillow
- How to Tie Dye with Bleach
- Printable Summer Mad Lib PDF
- Essential Oil Itch Relief Cream
- Picasso Pastels Murano Glass Bracelet
- The "any Size" Turban Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home