Checkerboard Primary Colors Crochet Blanket Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I am a huge fan of crochet motifs. I love the portability and I also enjoy using up odds and ends from my stash. This simple motif pattern creates a vibrant blanket. These 4 (10 cm) motifs work up quickly. Customize the blanket by using more or fewer colors. Skills used - Basic crochet stitches: chain, double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet, slip stitch. Working in rounds, increasing, crocheting in chain spaces. Special stitch: dc2tog (written explanation provided in pattern)"
Crochet HookH/8 or 5 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet GaugeMotif = 4 (10 cm) square in pattern. Exact gauge is not critical for this project.
Finished SizeBlanket: Stroller (Baby, Twin, Double, Queen, California King).
Red Heart Super Saver (7 oz/198 g/364 yds/333 m/100 % acrylic) in Blue (CA), Cherry Red (CB), and Bright Yellow (CC), or any medium weight yarn.
Stroller Blanket: 1 skein each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 290 yd (265 m) ea in CA and CB and 350 yd (320 m) in CC.
Baby Blanket: 2 skeins each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 460 yd (420 m) ea in CA and CB and 540 yd (493 m) in CC.
Twin Blanket: 4 skeins each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 1,230 yd (1,124 m) ea in CA and CB and 1,370 yd (1,252 m) in CC.
Double Blanket: 5 skeins each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 1,650 yd (1,508 m) ea in CA and CB and 1,780 yd (1,627 m) in CC.
Queen Blanket: 6 skeins each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 1,930 yd (1,764 m) ea in CA and CB and 2,090 yd (1,911 m) in CC.
California King Blanket: 7 skeins each in CA, CB, and CC, or approximately 2,350 yd (2,148 m) ea in CA and CB and 2,530 yd (2,313 m) in CC.
- US Size H-8 (5 mm) crochet hook, or any size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
Finished Sizes Blanket: Stroller (Baby, Twin, Double, Queen, California King). Stroller Blanket (pictured): 29 (73.5 cm) x 37 (94 cm). Baby Blanket: 37 (94 cm) x 45 (114 cm). Twin Blanket: 49 (124.5 cm) x 89 (226 cm). Double Blanket: 65 (165 cm) x 89 (226 cm). Queen Blanket: 73 (185.5) x 93 (236 cm). California King Blanket: 85 (216 cm) x 97 (246.5 cm).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Cupcake Afghan
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Crochet Yellow Baby Blanket
- Shooting Star Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Easy Ombre Baby Blanket
- Beautiful Crochet Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Trees All Around Mug Cozy
- Joyful Stockings Basket
- DIY Coat Rack
- Wilton Gray Men Scarf
- Knitted Christmas Tree Banner
- Easy DIY Crochet Wreath Ornament
- How To Add Extra Pockets To Any Tote Bag
- Clay Sunflower
- Christmas Sweets Photo Booth Props
- 14 of the Most Stunningly Beautiful Glitter Crafts
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home